TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Richelle's Memory






This is Richelle, TyTy's night nurse. She took care of TyTy from beginning to end. She is fun to be around, and she always took such good care of TyTy. She worked nights so we always talked through night meds. We would come in the morning, and she would have him all snug in his blankets, and with the relaxation channel on. I remember her telling me I've tried to lay him straight, and he always slides down, and sleeps crooked. She tried everything trying to get him to lay up and down. Soon Richelle gave in, and said if he is comfortable that way I will let him sleep that way. Richelle is good with the patients. She talked to TyTy. Whenever she came in she would talk to him, and I believe it put him at ease. That's what I liked about her. If she gave meds or hung meds she would always talk to him like she would anyone else. He would just look at her with his full attention. Her memory had me laughing because I can remember what she is talking about. Clear as day. I'll never forget that night. Richelle also has been supportive since TyTy's night time.
Bob told me one night he remembers Tyler crying, and she walked in and started talking to him even though he couldn't talk back and he stopped crying and listened to her contently. She always interracted with him like they were outside of the hospital, and he was a regular kid. Richelle was always in a good mood, and she was exactly the bright smile he needed every night. She was with us beginning to end. Richelle is someone we will never forget. Bob and I both think that out of all the regular night nurses Richelle was TyTy's favorite. We will never forget Richelle, and TyTy will forever carry her in his heart in heaven.
Here is Richelle's Memory.




He was such a sweet lovable little guy. I just wanted to share a few of my many memories of Tyler. Since I work nights, I didn't always have a chance to see Tyty awake much. I remember cuddling with him in the rocking chair when he was a baby and feeding him his bottle, just enjoying the quiet time with him. He was such a snuggler! I also remember how he was so good about taking his meds in the middle of the night without hardly a fuss. However, I do remember how he could give us "a piece of his mind" when he wanted to. He would give a good yell and get his one leg a thumping against the mattress. It would remind me of Thumper the rabbit from "Bambi". I couldn't help but laugh at this at times because he was going to have his say too, especially when we were doing something he didn't like (ie: suctioning out his nose). My one last memory, was how well he dealt with everything. There was one time that he had to go to CT on the night shift. Between Peg and I we had to transport Tyler in a stroller along with an oxygen tank on wheels, a pulse oximetry monitor, and an IV pole. We worked well as a team and Tyty made it to and from CT without too much incendent. Not once did he fuss. He just watched Peg and I as we manuvered him along with the 3 "machines" as if we were a comedy act. I always enjoyed taking care of him.