TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Angel TyTy/Xmas 2003

We knew you were gonna be in the hospital during Christmas. Your transplant was Decemeber 16, 2003. So we had our Christmas at home early, and then had another Christmas in your hospital room. That Christmas Rich was your nurse, and we got the first of many scares when you decided to have a reaction to blood, and you became really ill. At the time, we thought one Christmas scare would be something we could deal with if it meant we had you for years to come. At the time... Two months old








I've stumbled over how to do this Christmas post for the last three weeks. After looking through the pictures, and walking down memory lane, there are no words that I can type that will express the pain and agony we feel facing this Christmas without you TyTy. Instead, I will post a song. When you were born we knew you had SCIDS, we knew we had to hold every minute with you, so you slept with us every night, on our chest, in our arms, in our bed. When you went to get your transplant you couldn't, and wouldn't sleep in the crib. The first few weeks in the hospital were quite trying. I spent nights up with you, and the only thing that calmed you down was when I sang the little drummer boy. (It was Christmas time) From then on, Christmas or not, I would hum that to calm you down. Sing and rock, sing and rock, and you would look up at me with those beautiful eyes and stop crying. It seemed to put you at peace. Because the words will not come, and the tears wont stop, I will sing these words to you TyTy. Christmas is empty TyTy, without you... it's empty. Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum...

The Little Drummer Boy

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum

A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum

Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum

To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

When we come. Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum

I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum

I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum

That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,

On my drum? Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum

The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum

I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum

Me and my drum.