TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Talking To The Moon


Talking To The Moon

I've been talking to the moon
hoping that some time soon
my heart will feel some relief
from this overpowering grief

Your picture stares at me
I drown in your left memory
I don't want to forget you TyTy
but it hurts to look in your photo eye

If I don't look too long
I can pretend nothing is wrong
You are sleeping too late today
I'm sick while you and the nurses play

If I don't go into public view
I don't see the kids that should be you
I stay in the home where you played
where your heart always stayed

If I don't go on car ride
I avoid the missing car seat inside
It is still in there if you ask me
What I don't feel is what I don't see

I don't do the laundry at all
I don't see there are no outfits so small
I just bypass the dishes that are dirty
I don't see you're not on the counter behind me

I don't dust or vacuum the carpeted floor
The reminder dust isn't an enemy anymore
I don't pick the boys up after school day
Helps me forget you waiting for them each day

I turn all the lights down low
I'm home but nobody will know
No embraces will make me cry
they wont see my grieving eye

I took down the clocks put them away
helps me forget what 3:20 meant that day
If I don't answer the phone or any email to me
I don't face that they speak so lovely of your memory

If I put high volume music in my ear
I can drown out the emptiness here
If I walk through the house in a daze
I can almost get through my days

My heart still weighs a ton
all the hurt from your loss little one
Even when I try to pretend TyTy
I still can't forget your life filled eye

If I don't think too hard about your death
I can forget my constant grieving breath
Let my mind sail in your memory
Forget you're gone for eternity

I'm talking to tonight's sad moon
begging for the hurt to ease soon
Let my shattered lonely heart roam
Let me reside in the denial I call home