TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Captopril Time

Captopril Time

I fell asleep last night
I woke to give medicine at four
I walked over to your crib
realized I didn't need to anymore

My heart felt pained
my arms felt so empty
no mother should be left
with just a child's memory

I laid my head to try and sleep
but I kept hearing you cry
when I stepped to my feet
you didn't fill my tired eye

I sit on the edge of my bed
head in my nothing to do hand
fighting off lightning bolts of pain
that my heart just can't stand

I think I hear lullaby music
that always played on your crib toy
I look to see your smile through the slats of the crib
you still aren't there my precious boy

I take a second glance
my eyes aren't deceiving me
all of my willing power
isn't bringing you back to me

It's four in the morning
Captopril time is only in my head
there is no medicine to give
and there's no TyTy in his bed