TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Christmas Angel's Touch



A Christmas Angel's Touch

Hi mommy and daddy
it's Christmas time again
I get a lot more time to talk
and try and make you grin

I seen the lights you put up
but you haven't lit them since that day
I want you to know I can still see them
no matter how far I am away

I can see it's been a hard year
it's tearing apart our family
I know you guys are trying really hard
to spend your days without me

I've watched you both try to light the tree
one by one the lights flickered for awhile
but I seen the tears couldn't be fought any longer
and under the tree they made a pile

Daddy sneaked down the other night
he thought you were all asleep
He plugged the tree in and stared at the star
and until that night I'd never seen daddy weep

And you know mommy when I seen you
the first night you put up that pretty tree
You shut out all the lights like you used to
but it wasn't the same without me

I watched you cry for two hours
An angel never wanted to touch so bad
I wish you could of heard me whisper
mommy please don't be so sad

I see you already taking down the tree
mommy it looks so sad
You can have Christmas without me there mommy
My spirit is there so I wont be mad

There's not that many lights this year
or maybe heaven is further away
I can still tell it's Christmas though
the angels spend more time away

I seen you and daddy Christmas shopping
Shh I seen you got into a fight. Hehe
You should of just told him what it was about
Buying for two instead of three didn't feel right

Dylan and Brandon are getting so tall
I know they've been sad too
Maybe if you show them it's okay to be happy
they'll feel better too?

Don't be upset I said that mommy
It's just Dylan's fish tank is empty
and he hasn't said one word
it's not fair to him just because you miss me

Dylan is getting older mommy
I bet if I was there he would be bothered by me
Just remember mommy he is a teenager now
not your little baby

It's time to let him grow up
and see all you want him to see
make sure you tell him no matter how worried he is
(laugh) I'll never let him forget me

I can be pretty annoying as an angel
I'm sure you can already tell by now
I'll make sure I'm always around for him
I'll figure out a way to show him somehow

Brandon hasn't went to his church
and I've seen you asking him why
I know you're scared to go outside
maybe go with him, can you just try?

Brandon still carries the bell around with him
Did you hear him when he rang it to get wings for me?
Will you buy him a jingle bell mommy?
Put it in his stocking for me?

It's a rule here you see
No hands on earth
I can only use my spirit
touching comes with birth

Brandon really wants to watch the Polar Express
I know it reminds you of me
But it's a really good movie
and you love Tom Hanks mommy *wink*

Mommy you can do it
maybe it will make you believe again
and even if it don't mommy
it'll give Brandon a grin

The big heaven guy told me the first year would be hard
and that I would be sad watching my family
but the second year is scaring me more mommy
because I'm scared you'll never stop being sad over me

Mommy I tried to visit your dream last night
didn't you see or hear me?
This time I wasn't dying
I wanted to talk to you about your Christmas tree

You probably didn't see me
mommy I'm in heaven you have to believe
Mommy that wont change
no matter how much you grieve

I know your sad and lonely
I can see you cry all day
An angel never wanted to touch so bad
so I can make this all go away

People think we angels have a lot of powers
we don't really or maybe it's because I'm new
I've put two years in this heaven
I should be able to help you

I see there is no star on your tree
mommy your tree looks really sad
I know your short but you could get a chair
an angel never wanted to touch so bad

Now we get to daddy
I still have plenty of time
mommy come on do you really think
angels speak in rhyme?

Now back to daddy
he's different than all of you
He's real quiet and doesn't talk
and he spends time not knowing what to do

I look down and see him working all the time
coming home and going right to sleep
nothing wakes him up
not even your nightly weep

Daddy does what he is supposed to
but he hasn't stopped crying since I died
I can see you and my brothers sad on the outside
but I think he is sad and disappearing on the inside

You have to start giving him hugs mommy
it's okay to feel again, and he needs them he's so sad
Hold him him really really tight mommy
An angel never wanted to touch so bad

I guess I'm running out of time mommy
can you believe I would be fours year old
I know you picture what I would look like
I look the same mommy, we never get old

So when you picure holding me in your lap
just like you always used to do,please don't be sad
you can still imagine what it would feel like mommy
an angel never wanted to touch so bad

It's been two Christmas times now
I'll never miss out on a Christmas with my family
It wont hurt me mommy I promise you
Because you are always carrying me

It's so light up here mommy, that infection was heavy
Oh it's time to go, they say I take too much time
They wont get too upset with me
I always use the excuse my mommy likes it in rhyme hehe

Hey mommy you didn't ask me what I wanted
I will tell you anyway
Yes you still have to get it for me
even though I'm heavens away

The only present I ask for mommy
is one I KNOW you can give to me
mommy you can cry all you need to
just put the star back on the tree, so I can see

Look at the star mommy
and pretend it's me, don't be sad
I'm gonna be with you this Christmas
this angel never wanted to touch so bad