TyTysway~~Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile

TyTy, Your time here was short, and your body may of been small. you couldn't even take a step, but you left the biggest footprints of all. Poems and written memories from loved ones.

Friday, December 30, 2005


Written before his passing
Tyler's Wish

I wish I had the joy
of stepping out of a hospital room
I want to feel the hope of light
instead of being swarmed in gloom

I want to feel the sunshine
let it shower my skin
feel it warm my touch
as the rays soak in

I want to stand on grass
let it poke my feet so small
I want to sit outside when daddy mows
because the grass is too tall

I want to play in the sand
watch momma cringe when it goes to my lip
I want to squirm in it's grain
without fear of the germs in my grip

I want to see the sky
the birds soaring through air
I want to stand in the rain
let the breeze blow through my hair

I want to see the moon
the one mommy and daddy said they'd rope for me
My brothers say I'm their star
I want to see one shining brightly

I want to climb trees
when the time comes around
chase after my brothers
until my much smaller and tired body falls to the ground

I want to walk outside
inhale the day and night
I want to wake up today
and not have to so painfully fight

I want my brothers to hold me
pick on me some too
I want to be in my own crib
without doctors poking me the whole day through

I want to look at my daddy
and not see such tired eyes
I want to look at my mommy
and not see her hurting cries

I want my family together
so I can see life can be happy
I want to see what life is like
when I can live it pain free

Mommy and Daddy say it'll be worth it
when all is said and done
they also said God answers wishes and prayers
I hope he heard this one